I used the recipe of Chef Norzailina Nordin in her book titled "Masakan Popular Malaysia". I bought this book about 7 years ago and having it till now..its really help me a lot ..and what a great guide for me in my kitchen *-*.
If you feel like trying Chef Norzailina's version..here it goes..
Kuih Koci Chef Norzailina Nordin (for 6 to 8 pax)
Source - Masakan Popular Malaysia published by Pustaka Zaman
For the Dough
500 gm of Glutinous Rice Flour
1/4 tspn of salt..(reduce to your liking)
450 ml coconut milk
20-25 pieces of banana leaves (18 x 20 cm, heat it at the stove until the color change (for a while). This will make the banana leaves pliable.
4 Tbspn of white sugar
5 Tbspn of brown sugar
100 ml water
1 Pandan Leave
280 gm white shredded coconut
How to make the Filling
1) Boil the white and brown sugar with the water until it dissolved. Sieve them.
2) Add the shredded white coconut in a pan and add no1. Add the Pandan leave.
3) Mix well and stir on a medium heat of fire until the mixture thicken. Set aside to cool.
4) Optional - you can add a pitch of salt if you want you.
How to make the Dough
1) Mix the glutinous rice flour, salt, and coconut milk until it become a soft smooth dough.
(Add the coconut milk bit by bit).
2) Separate the dough to about 20-25 small balls (it is up to you for the size of the dough, no
special size for this..I prefer the medium size..not to big!)
3) Take one of the balls and flatten it to put in the filling, about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon for each
4) Take the banana leave
5) Dip in the oil (as per the above pic)
6) Put the ball in the banana leave and wrap it neatly wither a cone shape or the normal
7) Repeat the same steps for others.
8) Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes in a medium boiling water.
9) Remove from steamer and allow it to cool before serving.
Note : the steamer should be in medium heat.
For reference ..check the video from Poh's Kitchen. Thank you for sharing your version of Kuih Koci.
This might help !
Feel free to try and half the portion of the ingredients if you wish too...!
Have a great day and browse some of my picture to share below..
Thank you for you time..