Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kuih Dadar or Rolled Kuih...

Something to Ponder Upon ...




Live, Love, Laugh.., simple ingredients for happy life ...


Spread the Love ...Live with Love...


Family's Love is the most of ALL...


Yes...Keep Calm and Carry On..
What is life without Hick-ups....




Believe and Trust...

**************************************************************************

Tadaima Minna! (Hi Everyone).....let see whats from my kitchen ...


Kuih Dadar/Rolled Kuih

JunkoRhyme©
JunkoRhyme©


Kuih Dadar or Rolled Kuih is flavored with pandan juice and filled with grated coconut brown sugar. The main ingredients for this kuih is pandan leaf.  This is one of the popular Malaysian's sweet dessert. For me.., the difficult part is when you roll the kuih, sometimes the skin will crack and end up horrible ...sigh! 

After few trials with no good results to me..huh!!..(yes..keep calm..! )
I decided to use my "Roti Jala" recipe for this. I just have to add the pandan leaf  blend together with a cup of water to obtain the pandan juice. The rest I remain as per the recipe.
And suprising..it turned up well for me..(Yes!)

Let see again the recipe that I had used..

Kuih Dadar/Rolled Kuih

Ingredients

*First, blend 3 or 4 pandan leaves with 1 cup of water 
Sieve them for the juice

2 cups of flour
*1 cup of pandan juice blended water 
1 cup of fresh milk
1 egg
2 or 3 tbs of oil
Pinch of salt
A bit of green coloring 
Pandan leaves (2 or 3)

Methods

Mix all the above and BLEND them together in a food processor
Sieve them
Make sure the batter is smooth and not thick
Grease your non-stick pan with some oil or butter
Use your non-stick pan with small heat
Pour in the batter, swirl the pan to distribute the batter evenly
Allow the batter to set 
Off the heat
Take the batter out
and
Place the coconut filling and begin to fold them.

Tips - You must use "good quality" non-sticking pan for this and do not mix the pan for daily use. 
I also used the "plastic wrap" to wrap my plate where i will put the batter. This is  to avoid the batter to stick at the plate..like this...(it works well for crepes too..)






As for "coconuts fillings"..kindly browse other recipe because that "fillings" was made by my mom in Kuala Lumpur for me to bring to Japan..so sorry for that...

You can learn how to pour and roll the batter..just click at the link..(Tq for Sharing "mdzari")
Happy Trying and Sharing is Caring  ( ◜◡‾)(‾◡◝ )..