Friday, January 27, 2012

Prawn Fried Kue Teow

Yesterday, I had my Japanese class with my friend, Junko Horie. Since the timing was close to lunch ...I made some simple "Prawn Fried Kue Teow"  for our lunch together.


JunkoRhyme©


I kept some for my family..and I am glad they like it esp. my daughter.., she like it very much.  Actually, I just use what I have in my fridge and kitchen..


and here how the recipe goes..


"Prawn Fried Kue Teow"
(for 2-3 pax)


Ingredients


Kue teow                                    400 gm (or 2 pack of small Kue Teow packs)
Big Onion                                   1 (about 200gm) - blended
Garlic                                          2 clove - blended
Chili (blended/powder)                2 tbsp
Prawn                                         16 pieces (your choice ..)
Egg                                              2 
Bean sprouts                              200gm (your choice..)
Chives (daun kuchai)                 1 bunch
Cooking Oil                                1/4 to 1/2 cup 


*** (Sauce)
Chicken Stock                                        I used 1 chicken cube + 3/4 cup water
Soy Souce                                             1tbsp                    
Oyster Sauce                                         2tbsp
Cooking Oil                                            1tbsp
Shrimp paste (otak udang)                    1tsp
Add salt, sugar and black pepper 
(You can also add about 1tbsp light soy souce, but I have none)
(Boil all the (***) ingredients for a while)


Methods


Heat the pan with 1/2 cup of cooking oil
Fry the onions, garlic and garlic till fragrant
Add in the blended or powder cili (2tbs) or less
Let the chili cook for a while
Add  *** (Sauce)
Add in Kue Teow (flat noodles) 
Add in the prawns (let it cook for a while - not too long)
Add in the eggs (continue to stir-fry and make sure the egg is cooked) and a bit dry
Lastly add in the bean sprout and Chives (daun kuchai)
Make a couple of quick stirs and off the heat
Serve while hot with small chilies...


This can also be served during lunch, tea and dinner..


Happy Trying and Sharing is Caring  ( ◜◡‾)(‾◡◝ )..

To my friend...Junko Horie..thank you for your gift..this will definitely remind me of Japan..




quotes for thoughts..









Take care and see you...!!


Happy Trying and Sharing is Caring  ( ◜◡‾)(‾◡◝ )..